IN STOCK. SHIPS IN 24 HOURS.
The Ama gi honors the brave women ("ama") who dive for pearls, abalone, lobster and other treasures of the sea. They can hold their breath underwater for several minutes and make more money than their husbands, being highly independent, respected and praised in their community.
- 450 GSM Pearl Weave 100% Cotton Jacket
- 10 oz 100% cotton canvas pants
- Women's specific cut
- COOLMAX® fabric lining inside the jacket (shoulders and waist) and pants (gusset)
- Ripstop lapel
- High definition embroideries
- Brushed cotton jacket (soft/comfortable)
- Slim fit
- reinforced knee pads
- EVA foam collar with the perfect balance, not too hard (uncomfortable), not to soft (better grips for the opponent)
- lightweight elastic drawstring on the pants
The fabric is pre-shrunk and will have minimal shrinkage if washed on cold water and line dried in the shade. You can adjust the overall size up to 4% by doing a controlled shrink. Wash it in warm water and dry it gradually from line dry, warm and hot in the machine settings, until it shrinks to your desired fit.
This is a reference for weight/height for each size:
F0 - 4'6"-4'9" | 70-80 lb
F1 - 4'8"-5'2" | 80-100 lb
F2 - 5'1"-5'4" | 100-120 lb
F3 - 5'3"-5'6" | 120-140 lb
F4 - 5'5"-5'8" | 140-160 lb
F5 - 5'7"-5'10" | 160-180 lb
Senso black belt Jessica Swanson training in the Ama.